20 January 2009

25 random facts about me

I'd like to know more about you. Write 25 random facts about you in the comments.
-CJ

1. I *really* *love* my job and hope that doesn’t change, because if you hate your job, the rest of your life is hard to enjoy.

2. For about 15 years, I had a job I *really* *hated*. That’s how I know.

3. I have 4 grandchildren, also known as the 4 Cs. Christopher, Caille, Connor and Cameron.

4. I’m a cat person. I have one cat, Cricket.

5. I also have a dog, Captain. He doesn’t know he’s a dog, so it’s ok. He’s a tiny 8-lb fluffy white Maltese and was the mascot for the McLennan County Obama campaign.

6. I have to listen to podcasts on my iPod at night to fall asleep.

7. I used to be a voracious reader until I got my iPod.

8. When I was a kid, there was only one other kid in my class who ran more slowly than me. He was developmentally disabled. I haven’t gotten any faster.

9. I have been married more times than you think.

10. Mike and I have been together for 17 years.

11. It took me 9 years to get my BA from Iowa State, because I was a single mom in college and had to work 3 jobs (concurrently) while in school.

12. I hate talking on the phone. To anyone. Nothing personal.

13. I cry freely while watching some commercials.

14. I started sewing when I was a wee little thing, about 5 years old. Some weekends I don’t even leave the house. I sew from early morning until late into the night. Many times, I have stayed up all night sewing.

15. I love to play card games and board games.

16. I have lived in Ames, Iowa; Wichita, Kansas; Chicago, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Cape Coral (Fort Myers), Florida; Atlanta, Georgia and Hewitt, Texas.

17. My favorite locations were Chicago and Fort Myers.

18. I *love* salt water fishing. I don’t eat fish. Ever.

19. I went to an experimental elementary school: Harlan Elementary in Ames, Iowa. All students worked at their own pace with individual attention from the best teachers in the nation. I learned to love learning at that school.

20. I am a complete addict to National Public Radio (NPR).

21. I hate mingling at social occasions and making small talk with strangers... even though I’m a PR person.

22. My best friends are my daughters (Bri is 28, Devon is 26). I’m not just saying that. It’s absolutely true.

23. In high school I was a “drama freak” (the other categories were “jock” and “nerd”). I started hanging out with the freak crowd when I was a junior. We snuck out and skipped classes by sneaking through the theatre stage control room exit. I know, you’re wondering where that “love of learning” went.

24. I played the lead in my high school musical my junior year. It was called “Of Thee I Sing.” I was the beauty queen (it was a long time ago, people) who got jilted by the President of the United States of America.

25. I read tarot. (Don’t judge me, people.)

No comments:

Post a Comment